Clasps for Parametric Y Mount
by 3dSuppli, published
Basically this is just kludgineer's orginal Y Mount Clasp, but easier to use after printed - it is rotated sideways so that the portion that clasps the actual smooth rod is as smooth as possible. The bridging necessary on the normal version can lead to sub-par performance grasping the Y smooth rod, or a lot of clean up of the printed part. With this sideways version of the clasp, the part of the print that clamps against the Y smooth rod it comes out much cleaner (and if you have any bridging imperfections, they occur in the screw holes, which have threaded metal screws reaming through them, rather than where the smooth rods go).
I use 4 of these per MendelMax 1.5 printer in conjunction with the Parametric Y Mount - http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:60400.
- Download the object.
- Slice using slic3r with a few mm of brim. (Print Settings -> Skirt and Brim -> Brim Width = 3mm) - the brim helps the sideays clasp not get knocked loose during the print, but you may not actually need it.
- Print and enjoy.
And if you want to try the original (non-rotated) clasp by kludgineer, please download his "Y_Rod_Clasp_4_off.stl" - part of the original MendelMax 1.5 design.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Clasps for Parametric Y Mount by 3dSuppli is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure 3dSuppli would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).