by Bundes-Metal-Minister, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Free Software for optimizing g-code-files (i.e. from Axon 2)
main features (NEW: Version 1.4 (10/2013)):
- Text-view of g-code (with comments for the commands)
- 2D-view of g-code (for each layer)
- cooler always on
- additional z-moves (to prevent strings)
- check printer area
- head-cleaning (with optional brush)
- Edit g-code-text
- resizeable 2D-View
- finally send free info-SMS
- check extruder control (e.g. does extruder heat up before printing...)
I use Axon 2 and was not very happy with the results.
So I started to develop a little software, that is able to optimize the g-code-files (i.e. *.bfb).
The software is still experimental, but everyone can download it from: http://www.g-opti.com
The g-opti-software has the following features:
- derafting (first 2 layers - raft has to be of different material than object!)
- adding a 'start-string'
- keep cooler always on
- reduce speed of 'fast-movement'
- add 'Z-move' whenever the extruder moves to a new position
- add comments to all g-code-commands (expt. "G1"-moves)
- send an SMS to your mobile phone when the optimizing-process is finished
In future there will be these additional features:
- setting the temperature for each of the first two layers
- setting the extruder-rate for each of the first two layers
- setting the temperature and the extruder-rate for the last layer
Actually the software is only available in english and german language.
BUT ATTENTION: the software is experimental !!! So check out the result-file to avoid damage to your printer !!!
Everyone uses the software on his own risk !!
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
G-Code-Optimizer by Bundes-Metal-Minister is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Bundes-Metal-Minister a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Bundes-Metal-Minister would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).