by Bundes-Metal-Minister, published
Free Software for optimizing g-code-files (i.e. from Axon 2)
main features (NEW: Version 1.4 (10/2013)):
- Text-view of g-code (with comments for the commands)
- 2D-view of g-code (for each layer)
- cooler always on
- additional z-moves (to prevent strings)
- check printer area
- head-cleaning (with optional brush)
- Edit g-code-text
- resizeable 2D-View
- finally send free info-SMS
- check extruder control (e.g. does extruder heat up before printing...)
I use Axon 2 and was not very happy with the results.
So I started to develop a little software, that is able to optimize the g-code-files (i.e. *.bfb).
The software is still experimental, but everyone can download it from: http://www.g-opti.com
The g-opti-software has the following features:
- derafting (first 2 layers - raft has to be of different material than object!)
- adding a 'start-string'
- keep cooler always on
- reduce speed of 'fast-movement'
- add 'Z-move' whenever the extruder moves to a new position
- add comments to all g-code-commands (expt. "G1"-moves)
- send an SMS to your mobile phone when the optimizing-process is finished
In future there will be these additional features:
- setting the temperature for each of the first two layers
- setting the extruder-rate for each of the first two layers
- setting the temperature and the extruder-rate for the last layer
Actually the software is only available in english and german language.
BUT ATTENTION: the software is experimental !!! So check out the result-file to avoid damage to your printer !!!
Everyone uses the software on his own risk !!