Loading

Adjustable One Way Valve

by kwalus, published

Adjustable One Way Valve by kwalus Mar 17, 2013

Description

Very simple one-way or check valve with adjustable cracking pressure. The two ports are currently 1/4 inch but I am also including the SolidWorks files in case you want to modify or remix it.

With the right spring, you can very easily blow in one end but not the other.

Recent Comments

view all

sorry, Pic 3 doesn't tell the whole story. Please take a look at the part file "chamber.stl" and I think it will be more clear.

Pic 3.
Why shuld this work? The pressure from the right only affects the circle face of the threaded rod. F = Pressure * Area(face)
Left, big area = big closing force : right, tiny area = lot more pressure to open...
So you should make the hole in the camber on the left bigger then it should work with lower pressure differences..

not printed, but you could try to insert one if you have a size that fits.

More from Tools

view more

Liked By

view all

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

You need to print this at 0.1mm especially the threaded plunger and nut. I printed this on a Rep 2 using PLA at 0.1mm and 100% fill for the plunger and nut and 5% for everythign else. The two end caps were printed with the 1/4 inch port facing down and using a raft and supports. You will also need a small spring and can adjust the nut to provide the necessary cracking pressure.

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.

3gfisch on Nov 29, 2013 said:

Pic 3.
Why shuld this work? The pressure from the right only affects the circle face of the threaded rod. F = Pressure * Area(face)
Left, big area = big closing force : right, tiny area = lot more pressure to open...
So you should make the hole in the camber on the left bigger then it should work with lower pressure differences..

kwalus on Dec 1, 2013 said:

sorry, Pic 3 doesn't tell the whole story. Please take a look at the part file "chamber.stl" and I think it will be more clear.

GregFisk25 on Mar 17, 2013 said:

No seal?

kwalus on Mar 21, 2013 said:

not printed, but you could try to insert one if you have a size that fits.

Top