Build chamber thermometer case for Solidoodle
by tealvince, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Monitor the temperature of your build chamber with an inexpensive digital thermometer ($3 w/ free shipping from DX.com) and this dead-simple case. Designed to mount on top of a Solidoodle frame, it can probably be used with slight or no modification in many locations on different printers.
1) Purchase the thermometer at http://dx.com/p/digital-compact-lcd-thermometer-with-outdoors-remote-sensor-15553 (currently $2.90 US with free shipping)
2) By default, the thermometer displays temps in Celcius. To optionally convert it to Farenheit, pry open the case and solder a short jumper or use a blob of solder to connect the two pads for "SW5" (in the line of empty dip switch pads labeled "SW1 thru "SW8") on the circuit board.
3) Snap the thermometer into the case
4) Use hot melt glue or double-sided foam tape to adhere the case to the top of the printer.
5) Affix the remote temperature probe to a handy location. I hot-glued it just below the top of the case sticking out above the left y-axis belt mechanism, and tucked the extra wire behind the thermometer.
Build chamber thermometer case for Solidoodle by tealvince is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving tealvince a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure tealvince would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).