Build chamber thermometer case for Solidoodle
by tealvince, published
Monitor the temperature of your build chamber with an inexpensive digital thermometer ($3 w/ free shipping from DX.com) and this dead-simple case. Designed to mount on top of a Solidoodle frame, it can probably be used with slight or no modification in many locations on different printers.
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
1) Purchase the thermometer at http://dx.com/p/digital-compact-lcd-thermometer-with-outdoors-remote-sensor-15553 (currently $2.90 US with free shipping)
2) By default, the thermometer displays temps in Celcius. To optionally convert it to Farenheit, pry open the case and solder a short jumper or use a blob of solder to connect the two pads for "SW5" (in the line of empty dip switch pads labeled "SW1 thru "SW8") on the circuit board.
3) Snap the thermometer into the case
4) Use hot melt glue or double-sided foam tape to adhere the case to the top of the printer.
5) Affix the remote temperature probe to a handy location. I hot-glued it just below the top of the case sticking out above the left y-axis belt mechanism, and tucked the extra wire behind the thermometer.