Wensi PV layer holder
by M_G, published
This OpenSCAD script will generate a simple one piece fixture to hold Wensi's PV layer's PV cell, PCB and supercap. This is using the slightly newer layout and SCAP propsed on the 17th August 2011
Author: Mark Gaffney
add thin infill for hollow sections to improve printability
make slide in PV version
make 2x corner 1 middle tab PV version
make screw post PCB version
make pin post PCB version
make mushroom post PCB version
move holes for SCAP pins (2x dia=0.6+blah separation=~10-blah dist_from_bottom~=2.5-blah dist_from_sides=5-blah) and PV wires to more logcal place, also change to square, triangle or teardrop shape for better printability
remember the SCAP is now a table profile with dia~=10.5
there is no top part for this
Changes from previous versions:
- Change cutout for trapezoidal/pyramidal shape
- Fixed some vlaues to place the support posts in corect location (up +1mm) scap leads Right +2mm
- increased post diameter for the two along one side slightly
- New layout (PCB rotated 90Degrees) and larger SCAP
- change pcb_l 30->35 pcb_b 35->30
- change scap_l 23->20 scap_b 15->22 scap_h 5->10
- add thin infill for hollow sections to improve printability
- moved entire structure above z=0 plane (no longer a destroyer of belts)
- added mouse ears
- made thinner
- fixed incorrect measurements for PV panel
- Added holes for wires between sections
- Removed plastic from centre of pv area to speed up print
- Fixed error with cutout translates due to misuse of separation and clearance variables
- Fixed error with second half of calculation of total _b using max() where I forgot to include separation
- Added support posts
- First attempt
- Design and build prototype indoor energy harvesting electronics
- Choose appropriate energy scavenger (aSi panel) and storage (supercap)
- Print holder
- Install and test
- Re-iterate as required
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Wensi PV layer holder by M_G is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure M_G would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.