STL to OpenSCAD python converter
by fma, published
Here is a standalone version of the online STL to OpenSCAD converter, by Riham.
2015-05-27: see http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:850853 for python3 port.
2014-04-06: added USE_FACES flag to generate polyhedron using "faces=" param, instead of "triangles=" (default enabled).
save the python script
make it executable
- convert STL using: ./stl2scad.py
Look at https://www.logre.eu/wiki/Convertisseur_STL_vers_SCAD for future updates.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
STL to OpenSCAD python converter by fma is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure fma would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).