1:10 RC snow / sand tyres
by jkoljo, published
I wanted a tyre that would serve well on winter and summertime, and after some testing I have come to this design. It is durable enough to withstand some rock impacts, and also it has enough surface on the outside to stand well against mechanical abrasion.
The grip I get out of these wheels is great!
It fits on the standard 1:10 RC torque transfer nuts (12 mm), and has a hole for 4 mm shaft.
- Print two of both wheel types, flat side down. I have found 0.2 mm layer height and 0.5 infill to work great. I recommend ABS plastic. Support is not needed, but it might help with printing the mounting nut recess.
- Mount scoop facing the driving direction so that it grips whatever gets under the tyres.
- Have fun!
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
1:10 RC snow / sand tyres by jkoljo is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving jkoljo a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure jkoljo would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).