Bed Levelling Kit with Calculator
by dgm3333, published
Having quickly got frustrated at attempting to iteratively level the bed, I decided to create a calculator to do it as a single stage.
Primarily this thing is the calculator, but the decimal knob makes it easier to figure out the number of turns correctly, and the printable gauge is a good option if you don't have a dial-test-indicator.
EDIT: Not having realised how popular the gauge would be I used my original 'rough draft'. I've now updated it to a parametric version
EDIT: And modified some defaults and added a (paper) printed scale.
EDIT: 29/5/13: Updated the spreadsheet with a 2nd sheet for 3-point bed levelling
EDIT: 23/10/14: Updated the spreadsheet to improve accuracy and simplify levelling with caliper/depth gauge for the 3-support sheet
If you wish, print out the decimal knurled knobs for each bed support screw and number the points 0-9 with a permanent marker).
The gauge should be printed and the faces printed on the bed screwed together. It then hooks over the two x-axis bars, and pushes up against the x-carriage to hold it steady. You might want to stick a little label on it to measure the millimetres (see http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:23790 for instructions on its use).
If you're using this gauge then you should measure p0 then p2 to save moving it along the x-axis before finally measuring p1
Now load up the Excel spreadsheet and proceed:-
Instructions for first time use:
- Set the x,y origin to the location you wish to have at height z=0
(after calibration the rest of the bed will be aligned to be at this height)
- Enter the locations of each of the s0-s3 bed supports (just ignore s3 if you only have 3 screws)
- Set the x,y locations for the 3 points (p0-p2) you will use to define the pre-calibrated plane of the bed
(p1 should be along the x axis from p0, p2 should be along the y-axis from p0)
- Set the thread pitch (ie how much the bed will move with one complete turn of the screw)
- Save these settings
Instructions for each calibration:
- Measure and enter the z-height for p0-p3 in the green boxes
(if you can't remember how far to move along the x-axis then the yellow boxes are to remind you)
(or you can just edit the g-code)
- Turn each screw the number of turns listed in the blue boxes
- Print away... (if you've done it correctly)
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Bed Levelling Kit with Calculator by dgm3333 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving dgm3333 a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure dgm3333 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).