Wrist mounted rocket launcher prototype
by MCPoole, published
201304022320 - UPDATE
I have made some changes and the launcher now fits v2 rockets. I have also added a lip around the top and places for brackets underneath.
It fits the v1 rockets listed under my profile very comfortably, but I am going to resize it to fit the v2 rockets instead.
Comes with built in blast plate to deflect the engine when it is activated.
ps - I stopped the printing early, which is why the first picture appears to be chopped off.
Changes to be made:
- Arm mount - strap or gauntlet style? If I go with gauntlet, I will probably add servos for raising/lowering control, similar to Iron Man.
- Inner retaining clip - to hold the rocket in place.
- Electronics housing - duh.
- Resizing - again duh.
- Might create a pistol handgrip version as well.
Recent Commentsview all
You might want to revisit this a bit, perhaps by chopping the launcher in half to fit other printers. The way it is now, on something like my Solidoodle, you'd need to print it standing up, but Slic3r doesn't seem to like it and keeps messing it up. I would probably revisit as follows:
1) Put rails on the rocket (longitudinal blisters, for example) that fit inside equivalent grooves in the barrels.
2) Elongate the launch tube so that now with the grooves and blister, you can get some acceleration in a guaranteed straight line
3) Deflect the exhaust forward through a baffle which eliminates the blast plate. You'd have to stop the print while the forward tubes are being printed and insert some brass tubing, which may help dissipate the heat. By redirecting the gases, you help cool them.
4) Instead of a square launcher, how about a round one?
Anyway, some ideas.....I might do a remix now.
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
2) Load rocket(s)
3) Attach launching wires n stuff
4) Aim at the neighbor's little poodle thing that wont stop barking and shits in your yard all the time.
6) Obliterate the neighbor's little poodle thing that wont stop barking and shits in your yard all the time.
7) Laugh maniacally
8) Rinse and repeat.
You must be logged in to post a comment.