laser cut portable laptop stand 1/8th inch acrylic
by clairetuna, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This laptop stand was inspired by the Laser-cut Laptop Stand for Macbook Air by AndrewSleigh.
Here's what's new:
1) asymmetrical joints that click together. The male joint on the crossbar squeezes the sides of the laptop stand and snaps into place in a hole above the main cut on the female joint. The crossbar is also shorter on the edges to prevent snapping if a person dissembles the sides one at a time.
2) ridges to keep the laptop from skiing off the front of the stand
3) round corners to protect hands during assembly
This stand is laser cut out of acrylic advertised as 1/8th inch. To test that the joints are tight, try cutting the "joint_test" file and seeing if those pieces make a small "clicking sound when you put them together. If they are too loose or too tight, adjust the tolerances at the joints.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse Apps
laser cut portable laptop stand 1/8th inch acrylic by clairetuna is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving clairetuna a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure clairetuna would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).