EddiePlus the better balance bot
by diabetemonster, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Eddie is back and he's excited to show off his improvements.
This is EddiePlus and he has a much cleaner look, new accessories, and vastly improved performance.
All the great features of the original Eddie still exist:
- WiFi Enabled
- Remote Control
- FPV Capable
- Open Source
- 1 hour drive time with USB camera active
New features with EddiePlus:
- Wheel/Motor encoders
- Faster Motors -- More speed!
- Bigger Wheels
- Dual PID control on each wheel
- Dynamic balance
- No exposed screws
- Interchangeable head designs
- Backpack to keep electronics safe
- Build Guide to assist in assembly
- iOS application Special thanks to David Glinski for this contribution.
- Python control Special thanks to William Radigan for this contribution.
- Windows application Special thanks to Eric Jastram for this contribution.
Eddie's source code is available on github:
EddiePlus can adapt to varying carry loads
EddiePlus doesn't mind slopes
EddiePlus is learning to dance
- EddiePlus likes to be remote controlled
That is about all I have at the moment for Eddie. I'll be posting new videos, photos, and 3D models as they come and Eddie can be followed on twitter @EddieBalance. I'm hoping others will build to expand and improve upon my design. This was started as a fun project because I wanted to make a self balancing robot and I think he came out so great that I wanted to share him with everyone.
If you need help building your Eddie please send me a message here or @EddieBalance
Thanks for looking!
Please see the EddiePlus Builder's Guide I've started on google drive:
I've also started a Software Setup Guide to get you going once you've built your Eddie:
EddiePlus the better balance bot by diabetemonster is licensed under the GNU - LGPL license.
What does this mean?
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving diabetemonster a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure diabetemonster would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).