Snap Circuits Hand Crank handle replacement
by natevw, published
My son broke the handle part of his Snap CircuitsÂ® Hand Crank (6SCHC) generator part. Elenco sell replacement components at reasonable cost, but I hated to junk the whole assembly just for a bit of broken plastic.
This is not an exact replacement (and doesn't fold nicely into the box like the original) but restores functionality to the piece.
First rev I just eyeballed based off only the first shaft measurement, without realizing how small the whole would turn out...it worked but I recommend the full size rev2 ;-)
- Print (I used ABS, support typically needed)
- Drill out a hole straight through the shaft for the original metal linkage rod
- Install the metal rod, give circuit component back to its owner
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Snap Circuits Hand Crank handle replacement by natevw is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure natevw would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).