Minimized heavy duty printable filament spool
by sam0737, published
The concept is based on the "Heavy duty printable filament spool", but I re-modelled everything from scratch.
The problem with the source one is that -
- the dovetail keeps breaking. I recount I actually had 3 arms broke at the same point. So I made it bigger, much bigger. And adding a flap so that pressure could be relieved that side too.
- The holder arm is oversized. I reduced it to almost half of it, and it still overly hard for the job. The length is cut of a bit because of the new attachment design. Result? Faster print time.
The axis is designed to be fit with a 608 bearing - which I have a lot laying around. I guess most people do.
- Far end to center - 200mm.
- Holder base to center: 150mm.
I printed it with 50% infill, the dovetail has a good fits - which could be too loose on a very accurate printer.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Minimized heavy duty printable filament spool by sam0737 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure sam0737 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.