Minimized heavy duty printable filament spool
by sam0737, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
The concept is based on the "Heavy duty printable filament spool", but I re-modelled everything from scratch.
The problem with the source one is that -
- the dovetail keeps breaking. I recount I actually had 3 arms broke at the same point. So I made it bigger, much bigger. And adding a flap so that pressure could be relieved that side too.
- The holder arm is oversized. I reduced it to almost half of it, and it still overly hard for the job. The length is cut of a bit because of the new attachment design. Result? Faster print time.
The axis is designed to be fit with a 608 bearing - which I have a lot laying around. I guess most people do.
- Far end to center - 200mm.
- Holder base to center: 150mm.
I printed it with 50% infill, the dovetail has a good fits - which could be too loose on a very accurate printer.
Minimized heavy duty printable filament spool by sam0737 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving sam0737 a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure sam0737 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).