3D Scanner - Android based
by gigl, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
NO, this is not Starship Enterprise even though It looks like.
It is my interpretation of a 3d Scanner. With a few additionally parts, an android phone has all the capabilities to help you
3D scanning an item of interest.
Just follow the instructions!
Highlights about this scanners are:
- small printing time, only the disk takes little more time
- No microcontroller and firmware needed, only laser and motor
I would really appreciate if you posted some fotos and some scan results!
- All the STL Files above once but 3dscanner_base two times
- An Android Phone or Tablet
- A red line laser like http://www.ebay.de/itm/281562839777
- A small rotating Motor (only 3RPM) like this http://www.ebay.de/itm/261549739071 . A Microwave motor like http://www.ebay.de/itm/261301609520 is probably also fine.
- 2 Aluminium square profile rods 10mm square - about 200mm and 300 mm length should be sufficient.
- 2 Aluminium round rods Diameter 8mm X 100 mm
- 2 M3x10 screws +_ 2 M3 nuts for inserting into the base
- A rubberband to mount the android phone
- Print the parts
- prepare the rods
- insert the m3 screws and nuts into the base
- mount the motor into the motor house
- put everything together
- connect the laser and the motor electrically. I used a 12V power adapter and an LM7805 to supplpy the laser
- adjust the laser(1. adjust lens for minimal laser line thickness, 2 adjust laser to be exactly vertical, 3.) adjust laser to point exactly to center of dish)
- Get Android app "scan3doid" from the Google Playstore (make sure to use at least 1.3, older versions are quite unstable)
- Mount the Android Device to the phone holder
- Finish with the instructions in the Android App
Some hints for succesful 3D scanning
- First trial is not always the best. Retry with different settings to improve the result.
- Care for a good setup. What the laser does not touch, and the camera does not see, will not be translated to the STL File
Happy 3D scanning
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
3D Scanner - Android based by gigl is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving gigl a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure gigl would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).