Tower Of Hanoi
by Mrrocketman, published
Everyone's natural favorite, the Tower Of Hanoi!
Designed in OpenSCAD for easy editing.
Note: the files in the download section have a largestRingHeight of 6.0, whereas the customizer version defaults to 8.0
Time to solve if you understand the pattern:
- 3 Piece Puzzle: 10 seconds
- 4 Piece Puzzle: 20 seconds
- 5 Piece Puzzle: 40 seconds
- 6 Piece Puzzle: 1 minutes 15 seconds
- 7 Piece Puzzle: 2 minutes 30 seconds
- 8 Piece Puzzle: 5 minutes
- 9 Piece Puzzle: 10 minutes
- 10 Piece Puzzle: 20 minutes
- 11 Piece Puzzle: 40 minutes
- 12 Piece Puzzle: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 13 Piece Puzzle: 2 hour 40 minutes
- 14 Piece Puzzle: 5 hour 20 minutes
- 15 Piece Puzzle: 10 hour 40 minutes
- 16 Piece Puzzle: 21 hour 20 minutes
Print and Play!
From the Wikipedia article:
The Tower of Hanoi (also called the Tower of Brahma or Lucas' Tower, and sometimes pluralised) is a mathematical game or puzzle. It consists of three rods, and a number of disks of different sizes which can slide onto any rod. The puzzle starts with the disks in a neat stack in ascending order of size on one rod, the smallest at the top, thus making a conical shape.
The objective of the puzzle is to move the entire stack to another rod, obeying the following rules:
- Only one disk may be moved at a time.
- Each move consists of taking the upper disk from one of the rods and sliding it onto another rod, on top of the other disks that may already be present on that rod.
- No disk may be placed on top of a smaller disk.
With three disks, the puzzle can be solved in seven moves.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Tower Of Hanoi by Mrrocketman is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
We're sure Mrrocketman would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.