by d_goodman, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Made for a class project. The assignment was "make a thing that makes a thing then make that thing with the thing". I am in a fraternity and know overdrinking is a problem because people can't eyeball a shot for shit. This device cuts a standard Solo Cup at the line that approximates what a shot should be. See video for demo.
- Print out all the components
1.5 Consult the pictures! I can explain stuff but everything should be self explanatory if I fail at that.
- Get a hobby knife because things don't fit perfectly off the bat. Any step may require filing/sanding to get stuff to fit well.
- Get fasteners ranging in length from .25"-.5" with ~.1" diameter.
- Screw links onto each of the knife holders
- Sandwich the other end of the links between the upper and lower shaft coupling.
- Find .2" rod/dowel/shaft about 7" long and drill a hole through it where the upper shaft coupling hole is when it is placed in the opening.
- Place top cap over entire system and put fastener through the upper shaft coupling and shaft to lock it in.
- Take the stem and place it over the shaft. Use the long fasteners to screw everything together.
- Take top knob and place it in the top of the stem.
- Cut shaft to ~.25 above the top knob
- File down a flat section so that there is a gap between the knob and shaft.
- Wedge something in the gap to prevent the knob from free spinning.
- Twisting clockwise causes the tabs to come out of the housing. Identify the slots in the knife holder tabs. Place the end of a knife blade in the holders so that when the stem is turned CW, the knife is cutting. **one blade works fine
- Retract blade, place thing in solo cup, watch fingers and turn the knob. Turn the stem to cut.
- Take shot.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Solo-Cup-Shot-Glass-O-Matic by d_goodman is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving d_goodman a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure d_goodman would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).