foldable multiwii quadcopter
by muellerr_ch, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
this is my first foldable quadcopter that i designed to accompany me on hikes in the mountains. the model was created in creo elements express (free cad package from ptc). the model can therefore be modified freely.
here's a first film of the thing in the air:
the main picture shows the quadcopter after the first crash. despite a free fall of more than 20 m nothing major got damaged except for the legs that broke off.
quadcopter on my site:
- 3d print the following parts:
- house_1 to house_6
- mount_1 to mount_4
- ball_1 to ball_3
- cut an 8 mm carbon rod of 1 m length in half
- cut 3 pieces of 70 mm length from a 4 mm carbon rod
- cut lid_1, lid_2, lid_4, lid_6 and lid_7 from 1 mm birch plywood
- cut lid_3 and lid_5 from 2 mm birch plywood
- glue an 8 mm carbon rod to house_3
- glue an 8 mm carbon rod to house_4
- glue mount_1-4 to the ends of the 8 mm carbon rods
- glue the 4 mm carbon rod to the legattachment
- glue the balls to the other ends of the 4 mm carbon rods
- assemble using m3 bolts and m2 bolts for the motor attachment ...
further material required:
- 4 esc's (turnigy multistar 10 a)
- 4 brushless motors (turnigy mt2204-14t)
- 4 propellers 8x4.5 cw and ccw
- 2s lipo 2200 mah
- multiwii mini (40x40)
- rc receiver
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
foldable multiwii quadcopter by muellerr_ch is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving muellerr_ch a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure muellerr_ch would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).