Diamond Hotend parts
by kharar, published
The Diamond Hotend kit by RepRap.me
This is an OpenSCAD script which holds a mock-up of the metal parts of the Diamond Hotend.
The script also holds routines to generate the structure (also denoted Cooling Shield) needed for appropriate cooling of the Diamond Hotend's three E3D HeatSinks using by a single high-output 50 mm fan.
Furthermore it has an option for a 5015 blower pendant to allow for active cooling of the printed material.
Enable this by setting:
blower_enable = true;
Metal parts mock up made for the purpose of subtraction from your custom design.
This part is made with the scad script by defining:
assembled = false;
metalPartsOnly = false;
The above configurations have been exported into STL-files.
Please feel free to fetch the OpenSCAD script and make as many derivates to fit your printer(s) as you like, but please keep a reference to this thing.
Basics of the construction:
Diamond_Hotend page on reprap org has a link to Diamond_Nozzle.pdf with drawings and specification of distances.
Each M6 mounting hole for cooling towers are leaning out 28 degrees from the centre and are spaced 120 degrees apart.
From the origin (the point where all the lines meet) there is a distance of 24 mm to the beginning of each M6 threaded hole (which itself is 6 mm deep measured from the most distant point on the upper surface)
Dimensions of the E3D LiteV6 can be found on the E3D homepage.
Of course the diamond_hotend_assembly.scad also contains all this information (if you can decode it) :-)
Q: is there a nozzle .stl available?
A: Not really -but if you
- download and install the latest version of OpenSCAD
- open "diamond_hotend_assembly.scad"
- set "metalPartsOnly = true;" on line 14
- add "//" on line 87 so that it reads "//coldend();"
- hit F6 to render and click "File"-"Export"-"Export as STL..."
then you can generate your own "nozzle.stl" :)
- Or you could just take a look at "diamond_cooler_metal_parts_only.stl"
Layer height: 0.2mm
Speed: 45 mm/s
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Diamond Hotend parts by kharar is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure kharar would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.