Loading

Seatpost soda bottle fender for 27.2mm post

by Ktronik, published

Seatpost soda bottle fender for 27.2mm post by Ktronik Apr 10, 2013

Description

remove 27.2mm post, press fit fender holder on and secure with 5mm bolts, just tap your own thread with bolt into the plastic. insert soda bottle, and go for a ride in the rain...Angled to suit my 29er...Load a cut in half coke / soda bottle into the rear thread...second pic shows the thread. Still might have to spin the thread around so bottle finishes facing down...I will test print and fix when I have time..

Recent Comments

view all

I found my bottle on the road

I don't cut the bottle now, I just run a full uncut bottle...its stronger on the bumps

as its was such a tight fit, I did not need to use the bolts. and yes the could not go thru post, just butt up against it, to stop it twisting...but did not need them in the end...K

More from Sport & Outdoors

view more

Makes

Liked By

view all

Tags

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

remove 27.2mm post, press fit fender holder on and secure with 5mm bolts, just tap your own thread with bolt into the plastic. insert soda bottle, and go for a ride in the rain...

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Ktronik on Oct 10, 2013 said:

I found my bottle on the road

Ktronik on Oct 10, 2013 said:

I don't cut the bottle now, I just run a full uncut bottle...its stronger on the bumps

Ktronik on Oct 10, 2013 said:

UPDATE: changed the file to remove the logo

sparkdaddychad on Oct 9, 2013 said:

Just so I am clear, the 5mm bolts just hold the device in place in the seat post, but do not actually pierce through the metal, correct?

Ktronik on Oct 10, 2013 said:

as its was such a tight fit, I did not need to use the bolts. and yes the could not go thru post, just butt up against it, to stop it twisting...but did not need them in the end...K

Ktronik on May 14, 2013 said:

just tested today, works great!!

Ktronik on Apr 11, 2013 said:

Angled to suit my 29er...Load a cut in half coke / soda bottle into the rear thread...second pic shows the thread. Still might have to spin the thread around so bottle finishes facing down...I will test print and fix when I have time..

Ktronik on Apr 11, 2013 said:

M_G, just added another pic, so you can see the screw thread, cut a soda / coke bottle in half but leave the screw top intact....screw it into the rear of this...what you see is just the holder for the bottle thread, angled to suit my 29er...and not bash into the tyre...

M_G on Apr 11, 2013 said:

I don't understand what this thing actually does...

creuzerm on Apr 12, 2013 said:

It allows you to use a soda bottle cut in half as a bike rear fender.

Ktronik on Apr 10, 2013 said:

not test printed

Top