Split filament spool holder for Replicator 3D printer
by CreativeTools, published
A filament spool holder for the MakerBot Replicator 3D printers. It is designed to fit most spools and be 3D printed without support material.
It is made of two symmetrical halves which are held together with filament pins and two small cable ties. One can alternatively also use small 3 mm screws and nuts. (no glue required!)
The original CAD and netfabb files are supplied for easy design changes.
A longer version of this file is alos supplied so that extra wide spools can be loaded. Download the file "Split_filament_spool_holder_for_Replicator_3D_printer_v02 (135 mm spool width).stl"
By Creative Tools
- Download the STL file (it contains both halves)
- 3D print it it with MakerWare in standard medium quality
- Remove the print from the build plate (a strait palette knife does the trick)
- Cut two short 20 mm pieces of standard 1,75 filament. Place them in the two small holes
- Press and hold the two halves together
- Use two small cable ties and place them in the two holes which hold the halves together
- Put the assembled holder in your Replicator 3D printer and keep the spool turning! :)
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Split filament spool holder for Replicator 3D printer by CreativeTools is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure CreativeTools would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).