Split filament spool holder for Replicator 3D printer
by CreativeTools, published
It is made of two symmetrical halves which are held together with filament pins and two small cable ties. One can alternatively also use small 3 mm screws and nuts. (no glue required!)
The original CAD and netfabb files are supplied for easy design changes.
A longer version of this file is alos supplied so that extra wide spools can be loaded. Download the file "Split_filament_spool_holder_for_Replicator_3D_printer_v02 (135 mm spool width).stl"
Recent Commentsview all
This works GREAT on my Replicator 2X with the new 1Kg spools I ordered from eBay. Very simple and works perfectly. I even printed it out in low resolution for a quicker print and it works great. See my pictures from the MADE section. Now I need to print another one for my other side spool.
Prints without any problems and works really well with cheap Chinese filament spools (wider than MB).
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
- 3D print it it with MakerWare in standard medium quality
- Remove the print from the build plate (a strait palette knife does the trick)
- Cut two short 20 mm pieces of standard 1,75 filament. Place them in the two small holes
- Press and hold the two halves together
- Use two small cable ties and place them in the two holes which hold the halves together
- Put the assembled holder in your Replicator 3D printer and keep the spool turning! :)
You must be logged in to post a comment.