LED TARDIS Earrings
by WeeksB, published
LED powered TARDIS earrings from Doctor Who
Choice of file sets to print:
1 Bottom plug - for the LED option
2 Bottom plugs - for the LED option
I printed my TARDIS both in ABS and PLA. For the PLA (pictured) I used Makerware with settings:
Number of Shells: 3
Layer Height 0.1
Speed of extrusion: 80
LED - 3Volt
3 x 1.5V LR41 NL Button Batteries
(These can be taken directly from LED Fingerlight Item 65997)
Jewelry jump rings
1) Print 3D parts
2) Drill (probably best by hand) at the very base of the small nub (pictured)
3) Insert a jump ring into the TARDIS and earring hook
4) Tape the button cells into a column
5) Bend the LED wires into the configuration pictured above. The long end of the LED is positive and needs to be the wire that top of the battery column. You will probably have to cut the ends to length. I also recommend taping the positive wire to the battery column.
6) Insert battery/LED group LED first into the TARDIS.
7) Plug in bottom piece to turn on. (will be difficult at first to get the plug to snap into place - press hard)
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
LED TARDIS Earrings by WeeksB is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving WeeksB a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure WeeksB would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).