Metric Cylinder Gages [TinkerCAD + OpenSCAD]
by ibudmen, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Time spent reprinting and reaming parts because of tolerance differences between your CAD and printed models can really start to add up. I've found that the number of shells on an object is directly effects the tolerances on any part. I made these cylinder gages as reference tools to help remedy the issue.
HOW TO USE:
- Measure the size screw you want to use - M3, M4, M6, etc...
- Decide on number of shells being used - 1 shell, 2 shells, 3 shells, etc...
- Match gage to program being used - TinkerCAD or OpenSCAD
- Find appropriate size hole for screw on gage - M3 screw fits in TinkerCAD 4mm hole
- Use matching digital hole size in CAD model - In software 3mm hole changed to 4mm hole
- Reprint with correct tolerances! - Fit's like a glove
I printed one of each of these with 1 shell, 2 shells and 3 shells. I would recommend printing them with your most frequently used shell preferences.
1mm - 1.5 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20mm
RULE OF THUMB:
- higher # of shells = smaller the size of holes
- higher # of shells = larger the size of cylinders
Metric Cylinder Gages [TinkerCAD + OpenSCAD] by ibudmen is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving ibudmen a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure ibudmen would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).