Itty Bitty Double FLEX Extruder (with mount for MakerFarm Printers)
by clough42, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
There is a newer version available here: Itty Bitty Double FLEX V2 Extruder
The Itty Bitty Double FLEX is the second iteration of the Clough42 Itty Bitty Double Extruder. This new version is designed to accomodate flexible filament and E3Dv6 hot ends.
- Designed for Original Hexagon (NOTE: NOT Hexagon AO) or E3Dv6 hot ends on 27mm centers
- Short, straight filament path to accommodate flexible materials
- Uses the same hardware kit as the original Itty Bitty Double Extruder
- NEMA 14 motors
- Silent GT2 belt drives with printed pulleys
- Integrated servo Z probe
- Cam-lock idler bearing pins
- Uses standard hobbed bolts available here
- Lighter than a stock Accessible Extruder
- Integrated hot end cooling
- Mounting hardware for Prusa i3v printers
A hardware kit is available: Itty Bitty Double Extruder Hardware Kit
See the instructions for required hardware, assembly instructions, firmware configuration and extruder calibration.
Detailed assembly, firmware setup and calibration instructions can be found here: Itty BItty Double FLEX Extruder.
In addition to the printed parts, you will need the following hardware:
- Hardware Kit
- Available here: http://clough42.com/go/itty-bitty-double-extruder-hardware-kit
- GT2 20-tooth Pulleys with set screws (2)
- GT2 200mm Belts (2)
- 688ZZ 8x16x5mm Bearings (6)
- Extension springs (2)
- Fiberglass/Polyimide insulator
- M2.5×10 socket head cap screws (2)
- M4x.7 hex nuts (2)
- M4x20 button head cap screws (2)
- M3 flat washers (6)
- M3x.5 hex nuts (11)
- M3x25 socket head cap screws (3)
- M3x16 button head socket cap screws (10)
- M3x12 flat head socket cap screws (10)
- M3x8 socket head cap screws (6)
- M3x6 button head socket cap screws (2)
- Light double extruder springs (optional – for flexible filament)
- Available Here: http://clough42.com/go/product/light-springs
- Hobbed bolts with jam nuts (2)
- Available here: http://clough42.com/go/product/hobbed-extruder-bolt/
- Hot Ends (2)
- Hexagon (NOTE: NOT Hexagon AO)
- NEMA 14 stepper motors (2)
- Available here: http://clough42.com/go/product/nema-14-stepper-motor
- HXT-900 Servo
- Available here: http://clough42.com/go/product/hxt900
- Z probe switch
- 25x25x10mm fan (Hexagon hot ends only)
- recommended: http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?KeyWords=259-1570-ND
- A 25mm fan is now included with most Hexagon hot ends
- 40x40x10mm fan (for print cooling)
- A 40mm fan is now included with Hexagon hot ends
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Itty Bitty Double FLEX Extruder (with mount for MakerFarm Printers) by clough42 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving clough42 a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure clough42 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).