Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
HexScan - 3D Laser Scanner
by toolson, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This my design of a 3D laser scanner. I wanted a big heavy load scanner with a small footprint.
It's design as an alternativ to the ciclop scanner. The scanner works with open source Horus 3d scanning software and modified Horus firmware.
The rotation platform can carrry heavy loads.
The gear ratio is 3:1. With an additional geared stepper you can reach a very high torque.
There is no need to buy the special electronic parts like the ZUM shield. It works really fine with cheap Arduino Uno clone and a cheap CNC V3 shield. You can source both parts for some dollars from ebay.
The scanner is highly adaptable. If you change firmware and the extrusions for camera and laser it can work with any other camera and software solution.
If you change the length of the aluminium extrusions you can build any plate diameter you want.
Currently this thing is a "work in progress". Maybe the length of the extrusion for camera and laser change.
The bevel gears: 3:1, 45/15 teeth, module 1
Maybe someone can design some printable bevel gears for this.
Tech-specs are in the attachment.
Improvements are welcome.
22.06.2015: minor changes to hexscan_t-stueck.stl (requested by Balbers13)
Please share your makes!
- 2 linelaser 650nm 5mW
- 1 Arduino Uno R3ATmega328P
- 1 shield CNC V3
- 1 stepper Driver like Pololu 4988
- 1 stepper NEMA 17
- 1 webcam Logitech C270
- 6 berings 698 ZZ
- 2 bearing MR1016-2RS
- 1 bevel gears 15/45Z id=5/10mm
- 1 smooth rod d=10mm, l=52mm
- 1 round plate min. 5mm, d350mm
- 1 filament 200-600gr
- 1 screws ISO 7380 M5x8 vz, package a' 100pcs
- 1 4-sided nut DIN 562, package a' 100pcs
- 2 screws DIN 912 M3x6
- 6 screws DIN 912 M8x35
- 4 screws DIN 912 M6x30
- 4 nut DIN 934 M6
- 6 nut DIN 934 M8
- 4 nut DIN 934 M3
- 4 screws ISO 7380 M3x8 vz, oder ähnlich
- 6 washer DIN 125 M8
- 8 washer DIN 125 M6
- 2 alu extrusions 20x20x265 I-Typ Nut 5
- 6 alu extrusions 20x40x150 I-Typ Nut 5
- 7 alu extrusions 20x20x150 I-Typ Nut 5
- 1 power supply 12 oder 24 V, 1-3A
- 1 pcs. - hexscan_kamerahalter_b_1_0.stl
- 10pcs. - hexscan_klammer_1_0.stl
- 1 pcs. - hexscan_hex_e_1_0.stl
- 3 pcs. - hexscan_90_winkel_1_0.stl
- 2 pcs. - hexscan_hex_c-d_1_0.stl
- 3 pcs. - hexscan_scharnier_b_1_0.stl
- 2 pcs. - hexscan_laserhalter_1_0.stl
- 1 pcs. - hexscan_kamerahalter_a_1_0.stl
- 1 pcs. - hexscan_arduino_1_0.stl
- 1 pcs. - hexscan_zugentlastung.stl
- 2 pcs. - hexscan_scharnier_a_1_0.stl
- 2 pcs. - hexscan_hex_b_1_0.stl
- 2 pcs. - hexscan_hex_a_1_0.stl
- 1 pcs. - gearbox.stl
- 1 pcs. - hexscan_t-stueck_1_0.stl
Firmware for CNC V3 shield: https://github.com/snhack/horus-fw
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
HexScan - 3D Laser Scanner by toolson is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving toolson a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure toolson would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).