Dremel Flex Shaft QuickFix Mount
by jbr, published
Dremel Flex Shaft Mount for the RepRap, using a quickfix mounting support (like the one used in a Prism 1.5 to quickly mount - and dismount - the extruder on the carriage).
You can attach your Dremel Flex Shaft on it and then be able to change from your extruder to your milling tool and back in a second (if you've got the right carriage).
The "quickfix" part can also be used to attach any standard M4 50mm extruder on a quickfix dedicated carriage.
You will need :
- 2 CHC M3-20 screws
- 2 D3 washers (ring)
- 2 M3 nuts
1) Print the two separate pieces (one of each stl file model).
2) Attach them with two screws : screws and washers in the mounting support and nuts in the quickshift piece (see photos to locate dedicated holes in each piece).
3) Unlatch and remove your quickfix extruder from the carriage.
4) Attach the Dremel Flex Shaft by screwing it in the mounting support.
5) Enjoy using your RepRap as a milling tool!
6-optional) Go back to additive printing in a minute (changing back from Dremel to extruder, each one on a dedicated quickfix support, easily inserted in the dedicated carriage).
Let me know if your RepRap is a good (simple) milling tool too (I didn't test it yet, but I will soon).
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Dremel Flex Shaft QuickFix Mount by jbr is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving jbr a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure jbr would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).