We're excited and proud to launch Thingiverse Apps. Learn More about what this means to you.
Dremel Flex Shaft Mount for the RepRap, using a quickfix mounting support (like the one used in a Prism 1.5 to quickly mount - and dismount - the extruder on the carriage).
You can attach your Dremel Flex Shaft on it and then be able to change from your extruder to your milling tool and back in a second (if you've got the right carriage).
The "quickfix" part can also be used to attach any standard M4 50mm extruder on a quickfix dedicated carriage.
You will need :
1) Print the two separate pieces (one of each stl file model).
2) Attach them with two screws : screws and washers in the mounting support and nuts in the quickshift piece (see photos to locate dedicated holes in each piece).
3) Unlatch and remove your quickfix extruder from the carriage.
4) Attach the Dremel Flex Shaft by screwing it in the mounting support.
5) Enjoy using your RepRap as a milling tool!
6-optional) Go back to additive printing in a minute (changing back from Dremel to extruder, each one on a dedicated quickfix support, easily inserted in the dedicated carriage).
Let me know if your RepRap is a good (simple) milling tool too (I didn't test it yet, but I will soon).
Dremel Flex Shaft QuickFix Mount by jbr is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
So what's this mean?
We're sure jbr would love to see what you've printed - take a photo and share it on Thingiverse as a Make.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. You can also download the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store) to take a photo and upload your Make right from the app!