Loading

Circular Ruler

by DokeRobots, published

Circular Ruler by DokeRobots Apr 20, 2013

Description

This is a small ruler for drawing circles. Available sizes are: 1, 3, 4, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 and 40 millimeters of diameter. It is great for fast drawing where precision is not the most important. It can be customized using OpenScad for making personal circle sizes.

Una pequeña regla para dibujar circunferencias. Círculos disponibles:1, 3, 4, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 y 40 mm de diámetro. Perfecta para dibujar rápido cuando la precisión no lo es todo. Puede ser personalizada mediante OpenScad para crear un mayor numero de círculos o diferentes medidas.

d0ke.wordpress.com

Recent Comments

view all

I have all of those templates. I was probably one of the last students to get a chance to cover at least some traditional board drafting as part of my education. I can't argue with having a compact all-in-one tool like this though. Maybe I'll take the liberty of drawing up some doorway templates

Hahah thank you, I am glad some people like the Circular Ruler. I thinl I will continue with the 3rd version of this ruler wich has some better features. If anyone has an idea of how could be better, please let me now :)

Circular ruler is an interesting name. Draftsmen called these circle templates (though the design was different). There were also templates for ellipses (if you didn't want to fake it with 4 circular arcs) and other commonly drawn shapes. For example, architects had templates for doorways and such. I wonder if I still have my templates packed away somewhere.

More from Hand Tools

view more

Liked By

view all

License

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

1- Download the stl file for direct printing or the source file to customize it.

2- Customize it if needed

3- Print it, I use ABS but it could be also printed in PLA

4- Visit our blog for more cool things: d0ke.wordpress.com

Ring are useful in both sides.

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.

DokeRobots on Apr 21, 2013 said:

Hahah thank you, I am glad some people like the Circular Ruler. I thinl I will continue with the 3rd version of this ruler wich has some better features. If anyone has an idea of how could be better, please let me now :)

DaleDunn on Apr 20, 2013 said:

Circular ruler is an interesting name. Draftsmen called these circle templates (though the design was different). There were also templates for ellipses (if you didn't want to fake it with 4 circular arcs) and other commonly drawn shapes. For example, architects had templates for doorways and such. I wonder if I still have my templates packed away somewhere.

Anonymous on Apr 19, 2014 said:

I have all of those templates. I was probably one of the last students to get a chance to cover at least some traditional board drafting as part of my education. I can't argue with having a compact all-in-one tool like this though. Maybe I'll take the liberty of drawing up some doorway templates

Top