Raised J-Head Mount 2.0
by blah_59, published
This is a derivitive of my version 1 Raised J-Head mount, which was a derivative of roberlin's j-head mount: thingiverse.com/thing:53560.
I raised the center portion to lift the hot end an additional 10mm so now the nozzle is approximately 8mm below the carriage (to allow clearance of the bolt head). I could probably raise it a bit more to squeek out a little more Z height, but this is pretty darn close to max.
I also made the inner mounting ring a little narrower to make it easier to mount the J-Head with a snug fit.
The last improvement is the fan mount. To make the motor sit better so the gear lines up better, I narrowed the top of the mount. I wanted to reuse the "Front" part of the mount from my previous version without having to reprint it so to counter the offset for the fan screws, I made a custom shim. Since I was making the new piece anyway, I added an air reflector to guide more air towards the J-Head.
Recent Commentsview all
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
Same as before:
- Print this with at least 40% infill and use support for the serious overhangs
- Drill or ream holes to fit
- 2 x (20mm M5 bolt + nut + 2 washers) (I used nuts and bolts I had lying around that fit)
- 2 x (16mm M3 machine screw)
- 2 x (40mm M3 machine screws) these came with the qu-bd and are the right length for using their fan
- 2 x (20mm M3 machine screw) for securing bdring's thing:38281 to the motor (I use mickb's thingiverse.com/thing:43411)
I uploaded files for extruding on the right side of the motor shaft. Mirror the pieces if you need the left side.