Ghostbusters PKE Meter
by welwell, published
Ghostbuster's PKE Meter
I made this toy based on the shoe polisher that was used in the movie. It is for my great nephew, who is now a 7 year old full-time ghostbuster.
It is still a work in progress. I added quit a few pictures to show how I did the electronics, but the scope here is just to make the case:
- Print one of each file.
- connect the bottom handle and bottom base with 7/8" aluminum angle; plastic is not strong enough here; glue and screw.
- Consider drilling out the posts and replacing them with 1/4" brass rod (it's what I did because I was afraid the plastic wasn't strong enough after all the wiring.
- I used epoxy glue throughout, and 'painted' each part with acetone to make sure nothing delaminated. 4-40 screws to hold the case together.
- Electronics are intense, so plan well and use a strong servo. My cheap miniature servo really didn't have enough guts.
- Allow about 30 hours for total completion, including electronics....
- See downloads for video PKE.MP4
Who ya gonna call?
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Ghostbusters PKE Meter by welwell is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving welwell a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure welwell would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).