Loading

Minor Changes to Plexiglas enclosure for the up! plus / Afinia 3d printer by gillespinault

by fumalcon, published

Minor Changes to Plexiglas enclosure for the up! plus / Afinia 3d printer by gillespinault by fumalcon Apr 22, 2013

Description

had some issues with the original file. one tab did not line up correctly, and the top panel in the front had a gaping square hole.
I simply shifted over one the holes for the tabs, and fixed the geometry for the front top panel

Recent Comments

view all

Hey, I used a laser cutter to make this design. However, I don't know how to mount it. Did you have to buy different length M2.5 bolts to attach it? or did you use the ones that come with the printer?

Dittos to Tamu. I don't have a laser cutter so will have to take to a fab shop but I'd like one. PDF and dimensions would be awesome!

Hi there! This is great! thanks for the share! However, the PDF does not have measurements, and if I assume a scale its tedious to measure everything! I use solidworks and e-drawings for my lasercut jobs. So are you able to convert this for me please into an e-drawings file or solidworks file? or a pdf with dimensions please so I can reproduce the drawings? whichever is easier for you. Thanx in advance!

More from 3D Printer Accessories

view more

Makes

Liked By

view all

Tags

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

made at TechShop San Jose with our 60Watt Epilog laser cutter
our bed size is 18x24in. so I also modified the file to fit onto two acrylic sheets (separated in the file on to two layers)

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.

cordawg92 on Oct 1, 2013 said:

Hey, I used a laser cutter to make this design. However, I don't know how to mount it. Did you have to buy different length M2.5 bolts to attach it? or did you use the ones that come with the printer?

Inventr on Sep 30, 2013 said:

Dittos to Tamu. I don't have a laser cutter so will have to take to a fab shop but I'd like one. PDF and dimensions would be awesome!

Tamu on Sep 30, 2013 said:

Hi there! This is great! thanks for the share! However, the PDF does not have measurements, and if I assume a scale its tedious to measure everything! I use solidworks and e-drawings for my lasercut jobs. So are you able to convert this for me please into an e-drawings file or solidworks file? or a pdf with dimensions please so I can reproduce the drawings? whichever is easier for you. Thanx in advance!

DanLuc on Aug 13, 2013 said:

Also I was wondering if you can upload a PDF of the drawings with the measurements and all. thanks a bunch.

DanLuc on Aug 12, 2013 said:

Can you show a picture with the access door open please?

DanLuc on Jul 16, 2013 said:

Great design, what thickness did you use?

fumalcon on Jul 16, 2013 said:

1/8"
but I'm thinking of beefing it up.
1/8" is probably fine for home use, but in my shop
it gets a little beat up. You might see a revised design for 1/4" in the next week or so.

Anonymous on Apr 24, 2013 said:

My afinia doesn't need plexiglass and I use the whole print area. That is as long as you use oem filament. I've never even had to level it either.

Anonymous on Apr 29, 2013 said:

Give it time.

fumalcon on Apr 22, 2013 said:

depends where you get your acrylic. in my shop we sell the sheets I used for $14.
So, $28 in total. I've noticed longer screws would be nice to have as well, especially if you want to add accessories (spool holders, hex key holders....)

andrewupandabout on Apr 22, 2013 said:

Nice job. What's the cost estimate? Andrew (3dhacker.com)

Top