RepRap Universal Mini Extruder
by adrian-bowyer, published
1. 1.75 mm filament
2. Adaptable mounting plate to attach it to virtually any 3D printer
3. Very compact high-torque NEMA 11 motor
4. Active ducted fan cooling for high reliability
5. Wade-style hobbed bolt filament transport
6. Wing-nut drive to spread the torque loading on the plastic gears
7. Push-fit hot-end parts - no thread cutting
8. Easily replaced PTFE liner for the hot end
9. A single M3-threaded rod cut to lengths makes all the fixings
10. Lightweight: 420g
11. Compact design (110 mm x 90 mm x 80 mm)
I based this design (loosely) on Jstkatz's extruder (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:7037), in particular, the idea of using a lever to trap the filament against its drive.
Recent Commentsview all
There are several free RepRap packages that would allow you to control your mill plus an extruder from an Arduino. See here:
I was thinking of adding this to a hobby mill, not sure how with "Mach-3" and I don't use "EMC" yet, but I found something interesting about the "ModBUS" and "Arduino" Here: http://www.buildlog.net/blog/2...
Maybe there is a way to have Arduino work as the Extruder Axis controller using ModBUS?
Also what Nozzle are you using in the image?
I'll post findings when I take on this project, I have plans to start later this week.
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
You must be logged in to post a comment.