RepRap Universal Mini Extruder
by adrian-bowyer, published
This printable extruder is intended to work on RepRap Mendel (both standard and Prusa), RepRap Huxley, and virtually any other open-source 3D printer you can find.
- 1.75 mm filament
- Adaptable mounting plate to attach it to virtually any 3D printer
- Very compact high-torque NEMA 11 motor
- Active ducted fan cooling for high reliability
- Wade-style hobbed bolt filament transport
- Wing-nut drive to spread the torque loading on the plastic gears
- Push-fit hot-end parts - no thread cutting
- Easily replaced PTFE liner for the hot end
- A single M3-threaded rod cut to lengths makes all the fixings
- Lightweight: 420g
- Compact design (110 mm x 90 mm x 80 mm)
I based this design (loosely) on Jstkatz's extruder (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:7037), in particular, the idea of using a lever to trap the filament against its drive.
The full Bill of Materials and detailed construction instructions are on the RepRap Wiki here: http://reprap.org/wiki/RepRap_Universal_Mini_Extruder.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
RepRap Universal Mini Extruder by adrian-bowyer is licensed under the GNU - GPL license.
What does this mean?
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure adrian-bowyer would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).