RepRap Universal Mini Extruder
by adrian-bowyer, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This printable extruder is intended to work on RepRap Mendel (both standard and Prusa), RepRap Huxley, and virtually any other open-source 3D printer you can find.
- 1.75 mm filament
- Adaptable mounting plate to attach it to virtually any 3D printer
- Very compact high-torque NEMA 11 motor
- Active ducted fan cooling for high reliability
- Wade-style hobbed bolt filament transport
- Wing-nut drive to spread the torque loading on the plastic gears
- Push-fit hot-end parts - no thread cutting
- Easily replaced PTFE liner for the hot end
- A single M3-threaded rod cut to lengths makes all the fixings
- Lightweight: 420g
- Compact design (110 mm x 90 mm x 80 mm)
I based this design (loosely) on Jstkatz's extruder (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:7037), in particular, the idea of using a lever to trap the filament against its drive.
The full Bill of Materials and detailed construction instructions are on the RepRap Wiki here: http://reprap.org/wiki/RepRap_Universal_Mini_Extruder.
RepRap Universal Mini Extruder by adrian-bowyer is licensed under the GNU - GPL license.
What does this mean?
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving adrian-bowyer a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure adrian-bowyer would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).