Loading

Adjustable Z endstop for prusa i2

by smellymoo, published

Adjustable Z endstop for prusa i2 by smellymoo Apr 27, 2013

Description

Mount on the X axis rods that pretrude, you need the version of the X idler that has this (or drill out).

Improved version, main improvement is the multiple places that the endstop screw can be mounted.

Printed off the original and it fits perfectly, so haven't changed the important parts, so this will work. Haven't printed off yet though.

Recent Comments

view all
Haha, yes, all my parts here are also wrongly printed by the vendor..

Going to reprint the extruder today ;)

Good luck!
if it was pushing out to much filament then it would make the holes smaller I expect, but I'll measure it all to check when I get back to the workshop.

looks pretty good! happy to see my design in solid. will be making my own when I have printed off all the parts that are wrong on my printer (stupid ebay parts!).

thanks for sharing :D
Ha, hey, well, I used M3, but the holes looked more like M2 to me. I had to drill out everything. I also discovered the error didn't have to do with your file, but with something else. Probably firmware related or hardware (sanguino) related.

I have ordered Ramps now so will have that soon.

Also turned down my extrusion rate in the firmware down a bit from 2565.13 to 2562.13 I hope it helps. My prints look better now, but I think I can still work on the feedrate a bit.

Maybe the theoretical '2560' mm/s will be the exact right amount, but I have calibrated it, and my caliper says it's not correct. But I seem to get good results with 2560mm/s..

Now, I promised you a picture, so thats what I'll upload in a minute :)

More from 3D Printer Accessories

view more

Makes

Liked By

view all

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

1) make sure you have X axis rods that protrude 1cm.
2) print with support enabled.
3) bolt on (or cable tie through holes).
4) m3 bolt for endstop (either use a spring+nut or 2 nyloc nuts).
5) optional blue thumb wheel (thing:29782 or thing:79832 for hex).

Haha, ok, I didn't know I had to print this with support...

Maybe nice to mention. Now it's just drawing circles in the air in the middle part at layer 6.
I'll add that to instructions. haven't printed it yet, the original didn't need support, it just bridged it in a clever shape? which slicer are you using?
Slic3r 0.9.9

Anyway, my printer crapped out again before I could finish the print. Solved that now, later this week I will get Ramps instead of Sanguinololu so I hope that is going to work better for me.

Problem was only on the bottom of the print. The rest goes well.
shame, would have been the first print. I use ramps 1.4, and it works well :).

I have been having lots of problems since upgrading to slic3r 0.9.9, has lots of bugs, and keeps doing weird things.
Heya, it worked, nice one, the holes were WAY too small, so I drilled them all out and now it's working great. Actually, you don't need to tighten them onto the X-axis rods, them clamp themselves on, and they are just a little too close together on my Reprap Air, maybe my air has them further apart than your machine?

I'll take a picture in a moment.

Now time for me to design a nice holder for on my Z-axis that doesn't break...

I have finally fixed my machine wheeeeee.

Oh, and btw, if I print this bracket with support material, it doesn't work either, I get a really weird error. See here: forums.reprap.org/read.php?262,204169
HMM, getting annoyed with slic3r version 0.9.9 a lot myself, so buggy!

expect the air is different, you could always make a derivation for the air, was only intending it to fit prusa i2, but could make derivations if I am given expect measurements of the distance between the rods with a caliper :).

did you use the right size bolt? as I didn't change the size of the holes from the original, and they are perfect. think it's M3. Does the groove work as a nut holder as I intended?

I managed to fix mine too :D, long enough to print out a key from my new key duplicator and it worked :D
Ha, hey, well, I used M3, but the holes looked more like M2 to me. I had to drill out everything. I also discovered the error didn't have to do with your file, but with something else. Probably firmware related or hardware (sanguino) related.

I have ordered Ramps now so will have that soon.

Also turned down my extrusion rate in the firmware down a bit from 2565.13 to 2562.13 I hope it helps. My prints look better now, but I think I can still work on the feedrate a bit.

Maybe the theoretical '2560' mm/s will be the exact right amount, but I have calibrated it, and my caliper says it's not correct. But I seem to get good results with 2560mm/s..

Now, I promised you a picture, so thats what I'll upload in a minute :)
if it was pushing out to much filament then it would make the holes smaller I expect, but I'll measure it all to check when I get back to the workshop.

looks pretty good! happy to see my design in solid. will be making my own when I have printed off all the parts that are wrong on my printer (stupid ebay parts!).

thanks for sharing :D
Haha, yes, all my parts here are also wrongly printed by the vendor..

Going to reprint the extruder today ;)

Good luck!
Top