Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
Star Wars Land Speeder Scan #1
by clothbot, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
My first attempt at taking a set of photos and sending them thru http://my3dscanner.com to generate a point cloud.
I removed the windshield for scanning.
- the reflections off the semi-glossy black surface show up as "deep" points right under the land speeder.
- lesson: matte surfaces are better
- shadows make for empty zones, particularly under the rear jets.
- lesson: lighting matters
- closeup photos don't help
- lesson: take more photos at a distance instead of up close.
...much of which is captured in the http://www.my3dscanner.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=5:general-scanning-guide&Itemid=59 - General Scanning Guide, it's just interesting to see how not following those tips affects the final result.
Step 1: Download the .ply dataset.
Step 2: Open it in Meshlab.
Step 3: Do stuff to it.
Probably follow @tbuser's lead in the comments of http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:7950
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Star Wars Land Speeder Scan #1 by clothbot is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving clothbot a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure clothbot would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).