Loading

Spiral Honey Dipper

by brackett27, published

Spiral Honey Dipper by brackett27 May 1, 2013

Description

So I purchased this 35oz jar of honey and realized I had no cute way to put it into a drink. In my case I am trying honey in coffee, yeah for real. Anyhow I decided I needed a honey dipper and did not feel like going to the store for one. My first incarnation copied the traditional format of a stack of disks but that proved hard to print and was a mess using the support material on the Rep 2. So I worked this up in SolidWorks instead. Don't put it in the dishwasher! Enjoy!

Recent Comments

view all

Very nice! I think using epoxy I can make safe any printed mug. Thanks

Thanks! That is exactly what happened here. I think the original concept was all about using a lathe. So I needed the same functionality. Frankly I think this is a lot prettier. :) Plus it allowed me to see how to create a helix structure in SolidWorks.

Excellent. I love seeing things that were optimized for other manufacturing techniques re-optimized for 3D printing. :)

More from Kitchen & Dining

view more

Liked By

view all

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

I printed it with

3 shells
0.34 layer
30% fill

If you are really worried about PLA I imagine you could coat it with a food safe epoxy.

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Ntropy on Jul 21, 2013 said:

Very nice! I think using epoxy I can make safe any printed mug. Thanks

JoshCube on May 1, 2013 said:

Excellent. I love seeing things that were optimized for other manufacturing techniques re-optimized for 3D printing. :)

brackett27 on May 1, 2013 said:

Thanks! That is exactly what happened here. I think the original concept was all about using a lathe. So I needed the same functionality. Frankly I think this is a lot prettier. :) Plus it allowed me to see how to create a helix structure in SolidWorks.

bvac on May 1, 2013 said:

Sweet honey dipper!

brackett27 on May 1, 2013 said:

Thx!

Top