ClockIt MakerBot Mounting Brackets
by HipsterLogic, published
This was originally designed as a joke which went something like this: Now, your already awesome MakerBot can be made even more awesome with mounting brackets for the DIY ClockIt Kit [ http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9205 ]! This way your MakerBot can not only print 3D objects, but tell time! 1
After printing this out, while I was adding it to my bot, I realized that there was a practical use for this, other than the joke. It could be used for time lapse videos for displaying the passage of time, It fits nicely into the upper right of the frame, or a stopwatch for the time your bot has been printing an object.
It may be nice to have a custom program for the ClockIt that is more of a stopwatch rather than a clock. I don't know if I will be able to get around to writing one, so if someone is ambitious, go for it!
- Yes, this idea came from the comment made by MakerBlock on the post "Donâ€™t You Dare Delete That!" at the MakerBot blog [ http://www.makerbot.com/blog/2011/04/19/dont-you-dare-delete-that/ ]. I couldn't add the radio part, but the clock was possible.
Print the brackets out and mount the ClockIt to them with 2x 4-40x~1/2in bolts, I used 4-40x3/4in. Then press the brackets onto the wooden frame on your MakerBot. The power cord for the ClockIt can be fed though the front right hole in your MakerBot.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
ClockIt MakerBot Mounting Brackets by HipsterLogic is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure HipsterLogic would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.