Loading

Filiastruder Hopper upgrade

by drandolph, published

Filiastruder Hopper upgrade by drandolph May 1, 2013

Description

So I made a new version of the hopper funnel. I didn't like how it fitted to the hopper and how thin the whole structure was. This version has thicker walls to match the strength of the hopper. It also has a recess and lip to hold the hopper firmly and give you a solid glue surface. I also curved the inside and top edge to keep the pellets flowing downward with gravity. You can print it with no support structure and remove the one I put in when your done. All of the external measurements are still the same.

The orginal files came from
soliforum.com/topic/2036/filastruder-documentation-and-cadstl-files/

Recent Comments

view all

So when I slice this model I lose all the detail within the main cylinder and only get the outer shape, basically a small pipe. Can anyone steer me in the correct direction to fix this? Thanks.

OK, well that didn't take long. I used your model as a starting point and used OpenSCAD to add/subtract some cylindrical shapes from it. For some reason though while OpenSCAD can render it in preview mode it cannot officially render it with CGAL and export it as a valid and complete STL. I've seen this before with other STL files.

Here is the link to my modification: http://www.thingiverse.com/thi...

And I think this post speaks to the issue in OpenSCAD/STL: https://github.com/openscad/op...

Do you think there may be something about the way you created your STL that might be causing the issue?

I just wanted to say thanks. I have taken this hopper for granted now since it's permanently attached to my Filastruder which I keep very busy :). Thanks for taking the time to make this and post it. It works perfectly.

I thinking about making a hopper upgrade *upgrade* to make this even larger. Perhaps one with the same outside and inside top dimensions that slips right inside it, with a curve at the bottom as well. This way they'd be stackable to whatever height someone desired. I'll post here if I am successful.

Thanks again!

More from 3D Printer Accessories

view more

Makes

Liked By

view all

License

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.

BradClay on Aug 7, 2013 said:

So when I slice this model I lose all the detail within the main cylinder and only get the outer shape, basically a small pipe. Can anyone steer me in the correct direction to fix this? Thanks.

georgevaccaro on Jul 2, 2013 said:

I just wanted to say thanks. I have taken this hopper for granted now since it's permanently attached to my Filastruder which I keep very busy :). Thanks for taking the time to make this and post it. It works perfectly.

I thinking about making a hopper upgrade *upgrade* to make this even larger. Perhaps one with the same outside and inside top dimensions that slips right inside it, with a curve at the bottom as well. This way they'd be stackable to whatever height someone desired. I'll post here if I am successful.

Thanks again!

georgevaccaro on Jul 2, 2013 said:

OK, well that didn't take long. I used your model as a starting point and used OpenSCAD to add/subtract some cylindrical shapes from it. For some reason though while OpenSCAD can render it in preview mode it cannot officially render it with CGAL and export it as a valid and complete STL. I've seen this before with other STL files.

Here is the link to my modification: http://www.thingiverse.com/thi...

And I think this post speaks to the issue in OpenSCAD/STL: https://github.com/openscad/op...

Do you think there may be something about the way you created your STL that might be causing the issue?

JDM_ on Jun 28, 2013 said:

I made this and the curved part came out just like yours... all uneven... Do you know why yours printed this way? Just wondering.....

Top