Loading

RapMan Replacement extruder gear

by darthjesus, published

RapMan Replacement extruder gear by darthjesus May 5, 2011

Description

Replacement gear for the motor side of the extruder of the RapMan 3D printer.
This gear is meant to pair with the original gear of the extruder.
I made this as a replacement for the original gear that broke.

This gear uses the same teeth of the thingiverse.com/thing:4472.
I've placed the nut hole so that the screw will hold the motor on the chamfer instead of the round part of the axis.

Note:
The SolidWorks file was created on version 2008
Note2:
This gear was inspired by ( and made using ): thingiverse.com/thing:4472

Recent Comments

view all

The gear I was using before was made of PLA and I didn't have any problems ( with melting ) ...But I will keep an eye on it, thx.

With his gears, chylld reported that PLA gets soft from the motor heat, something you might want to watch out for. It would be interesting to hear whether the same happens to you.

No. This one have the same teeth of the http://www.thingiverse.com/thi... but has a larger hole for the motor axis ( the other didn't fit my motor, so I had to drill a larger one ). Also, now the screw holds the motor on the chamfer instead of the round part.

Liked By

view all

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

Just print and fit the screw and the nut that came with the original gear.

I've tested this printing with the 0.25 PLA Fast profile only.

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Zomboe on May 6, 2011 said:

With his gears, chylld reported that PLA gets soft from the motor heat, something you might want to watch out for. It would be interesting to hear whether the same happens to you.

darthjesus on May 8, 2011 said:

The gear I was using before was made of PLA and I didn't have any problems ( with melting ) ...But I will keep an eye on it, thx.

MarcusWolschon on May 5, 2011 said:

Is this an improvement on the Silent Repman extruder Gear?

http://www.thingiverse.com/thi...

darthjesus on May 6, 2011 said:

No. This one have the same teeth of the http://www.thingiverse.com/thi... but has a larger hole for the motor axis ( the other didn't fit my motor, so I had to drill a larger one ). Also, now the screw holds the motor on the chamfer instead of the round part.

Top