Caboose's Primitive Quadcopter
by Caboose, published
The goal of this project was to create a small, modular, printable quadcopter body. I aimed to keep this as simple as possible.
The quadcopter is made up of a core, and 4 arms. All arms are identical.
- Turnigy 2900KV Brushless Outrunner OR Turnigy Park480 Brushless Outrunner 1320kv
- Turnigy Plush 6A ESCs or HobbyKing 6A ESC 0.5A UBEC
- 5030 Props
- 5030R Props
- 1000mAh 2S NanoTech LiPo (or similar)
- KK2 Flight Controller
- 8 x 12mm or 15mm M3 Bolts
- 4 x 40mm M3 Bolts
- 10 x M3 Nuts
Read assembly instructions for more details.
v2: Spacing change, removal of extra weight. Landing strut available if you don't want to use M3 screws
v1: Initial release
- Print 4 arms (2 shell, 30% infill recommended)
- Print 1 core (1 shell 100% infill recommended)
- Assemble arms to body (12mm or 15mm M3 screws + nuts)
- Place 40mm M3 screws into end of arms. These will be your landing pins. Secure with M3 nuts.
- Attach other hardware.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Caboose's Primitive Quadcopter by Caboose is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure Caboose would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).