Caboose's Primitive Quadcopter
by Caboose, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
The goal of this project was to create a small, modular, printable quadcopter body. I aimed to keep this as simple as possible.
The quadcopter is made up of a core, and 4 arms. All arms are identical.
- Turnigy 2900KV Brushless Outrunner OR Turnigy Park480 Brushless Outrunner 1320kv
- Turnigy Plush 6A ESCs or HobbyKing 6A ESC 0.5A UBEC
- 5030 Props
- 5030R Props
- 1000mAh 2S NanoTech LiPo (or similar)
- KK2 Flight Controller
- 8 x 12mm or 15mm M3 Bolts
- 4 x 40mm M3 Bolts
- 10 x M3 Nuts
Read assembly instructions for more details.
v2: Spacing change, removal of extra weight. Landing strut available if you don't want to use M3 screws
v1: Initial release
- Print 4 arms (2 shell, 30% infill recommended)
- Print 1 core (1 shell 100% infill recommended)
- Assemble arms to body (12mm or 15mm M3 screws + nuts)
- Place 40mm M3 screws into end of arms. These will be your landing pins. Secure with M3 nuts.
- Attach other hardware.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Caboose's Primitive Quadcopter by Caboose is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Caboose a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Caboose would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).