Loading

Mars Rover : Opportunity - Remix

by MCroucher, published

Mars Rover : Opportunity - Remix by MCroucher May 4, 2013

Description

A remix of Moriza's awesome Opportunity Mars Rover.

Use the original Mars Rover files with the replacements detailed below.

Original Model :http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:59509

Main Changes:

- Replacement Solar Panel Frames:
These solar panel frame models replace the original models and bring them in line with the sizes of the solar panels included in the original download.
Opportunity_solarback -> Opportunity_solarback_MCEDIT
Opportunity_solarmain -> Opportunity_solarmain_left_MCEDIT & Opportunity_solarmain_right_MCEDIT

- Extended Rear Solar Panel Support:
The Rear Brace Extension piece extends the rear solar panel supports, to take into account the enlarged solar panels.

- Replacement Wheel Set:
The new wheel pack provides a thicker connection between the wheel body and hub, socketed hub design, and a profile of the sprial flexure pattern used on the Mars Exploration Rovers.



Recent Comments

view all

Thanks! It was a challenging model to print and assemble. Thanks for putting it up. Everyone that I've shown it to has been most impressed. :)

It would appear that he's violating your licence as he hasn't attributed you in any of the models other than in part #1, and attributed no one for the photos that he has copied.

By the way our files are being sold on, with both of our print photos:
shapeways.com/shops/South_Bay_...

More from Model Robots

view more

Makes

Liked By

view all

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

- Download the original Mars Rover files.
- Download the replacement model files.
- Print!
- Assemble!
- Rove!

nb. I found using a two part expoxy glue such as Araldite to be much more effective at gluing printed sections together than superglue.

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.

moriza on May 6, 2013 said:

By the way our files are being sold on, with both of our print photos:
shapeways.com/shops/South_Bay_...

MCroucher on May 6, 2013 said:

It would appear that he's violating your licence as he hasn't attributed you in any of the models other than in part #1, and attributed no one for the photos that he has copied.

moriza on May 4, 2013 said:

Love it! Looks great. Specially love your treatment on the wheels.

MCroucher on May 6, 2013 said:

Thanks! It was a challenging model to print and assemble. Thanks for putting it up. Everyone that I've shown it to has been most impressed. :)

Top