Clarus the DogCow
by padorange, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Clarus the DogCow is a geek mascot related to early Macintosh developers (1984-2000).
To learn more about Clarus : http://clarus.chez-alice.fr
The OpenScad source file can compute 6 different models (see source file). STL are computed models, ready to be print.
At that time a small hole has been made behind the figure to snap a support, but the support is not modeled.
- Model #0 : Original design from Cairo Font (Susan Kare, 1983)
- Model #1 : The most famous, redesign for "Page Set Up" dialog for Apple Printer from 1987 to 2000
- Model #2 : a smaller variation from #1
- Model #3 : smaller design to fit 32x32 pixels icons
- Model #4 : the smallest variation : DogCattle
- Model #5 : redesign by Susan Kare in 1999 with a "more bovine head"
The openscad source define the different figurine as bitmap tab (0: nothing, 1: level 1 and 2: level 2...) so it can be adjust to render any bitmap source into a simple 3D model.
Clarus the DogCow by padorange is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving padorange a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure padorange would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).