Clarus the DogCow
by padorange, published
Clarus the DogCow is a geek mascot related to early Macintosh developers (1984-2000).
To learn more about Clarus : http://clarus.chez-alice.fr
The OpenScad source file can compute 6 different models (see source file). STL are computed models, ready to be print.
At that time a small hole has been made behind the figure to snap a support, but the support is not modeled.
- Model #0 : Original design from Cairo Font (Susan Kare, 1983)
- Model #1 : The most famous, redesign for "Page Set Up" dialog for Apple Printer from 1987 to 2000
- Model #2 : a smaller variation from #1
- Model #3 : smaller design to fit 32x32 pixels icons
- Model #4 : the smallest variation : DogCattle
- Model #5 : redesign by Susan Kare in 1999 with a "more bovine head"
The openscad source define the different figurine as bitmap tab (0: nothing, 1: level 1 and 2: level 2...) so it can be adjust to render any bitmap source into a simple 3D model.