Binder Clip Wall Mount
by ChatterComa, published
Lately I've been buying belts that don't have traditional buckles, so I needed a new belt hanger. In true engineering fashion, I overkilled the problem by designing this compact wall mount for a medium-size binder clip, e.g.:
It's a modular design that can be used singly or assembled into an array as long as needed.
Great for belts of course, but could also be used for mittens, scarves, wall charts, calendars, or anything else you want to hang on the wall. The clip mounts with a small bolt, so it's easy to replace the clips if they get sprung, bent, etc. Can be put up with screws or drywall anchors, or double-sided tape or adhesive.
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
(1) Collect the needed number of each of the following:
• 3mm (dia) x 16mm (length) bolt. • 3mm hex nut. • Large fender washer with at least 3mm hole. • Medium binder clip.
(2) Print the needed number of the Binder Clip Mount.stl parts. Clean them up as needed.
(3) Insert the nut into the nut capture opening of each mount by threading the bolt through, putting the nut on the screw on the opposite side, and tightening to pull the nut into the capture opening on the back of the mount. When done, the nut should stay in there and the back of the mount should be flat and smooth (i.e., the nut is below the surface). Remove the bolt.
(4) (Optional) Cement the mounts into a continuous strip using epoxy or ABS cement.
(5) Mount the binder clip on each mount using the bolt and washer.
(6) Mount the whole assembly on the wall with screws or drywall anchors, or double-sided tape or adhesive.