Binder Clip Wall Mount
by ChatterComa, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Lately I've been buying belts that don't have traditional buckles, so I needed a new belt hanger. In true engineering fashion, I overkilled the problem by designing this compact wall mount for a medium-size binder clip, e.g.:
It's a modular design that can be used singly or assembled into an array as long as needed.
Great for belts of course, but could also be used for mittens, scarves, wall charts, calendars, or anything else you want to hang on the wall. The clip mounts with a small bolt, so it's easy to replace the clips if they get sprung, bent, etc. Can be put up with screws or drywall anchors, or double-sided tape or adhesive.
(1) Collect the needed number of each of the following:
- 3mm (dia) x 16mm (length) bolt.
- 3mm hex nut.
- Large fender washer with at least 3mm hole.
- Medium binder clip.
(2) Print the needed number of the Binder Clip Mount.stl parts. Clean them up as needed.
(3) Insert the nut into the nut capture opening of each mount by threading the bolt through, putting the nut on the screw on the opposite side, and tightening to pull the nut into the capture opening on the back of the mount. When done, the nut should stay in there and the back of the mount should be flat and smooth (i.e., the nut is below the surface). Remove the bolt.
(4) (Optional) Cement the mounts into a continuous strip using epoxy or ABS cement.
(5) Mount the binder clip on each mount using the bolt and washer.
(6) Mount the whole assembly on the wall with screws or drywall anchors, or double-sided tape or adhesive.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Binder Clip Wall Mount by ChatterComa is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving ChatterComa a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure ChatterComa would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).