Mecanum robotics platform for the Raspberry pi
by destos, published
I've been working on this mecanum drive platform for the past couple months. Currently I'm using it with my raspberry pi as a remote controllable mecanum platform but that will change once I add some sensors to it.
Video of the platform driving around:
Code related to the project can be found on my github account:
Please let me know if you are building one and need any help.
- raspberry pi
- mini breakout bread board, with pi cobbler
- 4x Continuous servos http://www.adafruit.com/products/154
- adafruit pwm controller http://www.adafruit.com/products/815
- Mini DC/DC Step-Down Converter http://www.adafruit.com/products/1065
- 2x lithium polymer batteries http://www.adafruit.com/products/328
- JST female connectors
- a LiPoly charger
mecanum roller and hub hardware
- 28x R3-2RS bearings http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/kit715 http://www.thebigbearingstore.com/servlet/the-996/R3-dsh-2RS-R3-dsh-ZZ-Radial-Ball/Detail
- 56x 3/16" ID washers
- 28x Socket cap screws 10-24 Thread, 7/8" Length, McMaster #91251A246
- 28x Lock nut, Hex Locknut, 10-24 Thread Size, McMaster #90631A011
- 4x round servo arms, ( mine were laying around and came with other R/C servos, will try to find a source for this )
- 1 can on spray on Plasti Dip ( for a higher friction on the rollers )
- print 28 of
mecanum_wheel_nut.STLand 28 of
mecanum_wheel_bolt.STL, I'll be calling these rollers from here on out.
- can be printed in ABS or PLA
- I had to print about 14 at a time, as I had a higher failure rate due to plastic shrinkage when printing many.
- Print with at least one shell, as the external and internal surfaces should be rigid, especially on the nut version ( to prevent the nut from slipping )
- print 2 of
mecanum_base_v3_flipped.STLand 2 of
mecanum_base_v3.STL, these will be our "hubs".
- more instructions soon!
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Mecanum robotics platform for the Raspberry pi by destos is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving destos a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure destos would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).