by kulyk, published
Updated tipping bucket, created in OpenSCAD. This version uses straight edges instead of rounded to save on plastic.
- Print the part
- Drill the hole out to fit some kind of rod, I used aileron control rod from a hobby shop threaded for about 1/2 inch from one end and smooth for the rest cut to length
- Epoxy a magnet at whatever location is convenient to trigger a reed switch
- Drill a hole in a CD spindle through the center spindle to bolt on your rod
- Add a funnel to the CD spindle's lid and point it at the center of the tipping bucket
- Connect the reed switch to a micro controller and do some math to calculate rain fall. rainfall = <# of tips> * /
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Tipping Bucket by kulyk is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving kulyk a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure kulyk would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).