by kulyk, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Updated tipping bucket, created in OpenSCAD. This version uses straight edges instead of rounded to save on plastic.
- Print the part
- Drill the hole out to fit some kind of rod, I used aileron control rod from a hobby shop threaded for about 1/2 inch from one end and smooth for the rest cut to length
- Epoxy a magnet at whatever location is convenient to trigger a reed switch
- Drill a hole in a CD spindle through the center spindle to bolt on your rod
- Add a funnel to the CD spindle's lid and point it at the center of the tipping bucket
- Connect the reed switch to a micro controller and do some math to calculate rain fall. rainfall = <# of tips> * /
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Tipping Bucket by kulyk is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving kulyk a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure kulyk would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).