UltimARker: [Virtual] Reality...
by joris, published
From virtual to reality...!! Next step in the merger of 3D printing and augmented reality: the "Ultimarker".
UPDATE: 3D file of the marker included so you can print and mount it directly on the right position.
Since we use special techniques [occlusion] the position is important to really simulate the augmented part 'inside' the Ultmaker.
[Do combine with the 3D printed google glass..!]
- Print the Ultimarker above.
UDPATE: or 3D print the marker in 2 colours, tip: use the 'pause at height' plugin in cura to switcht colors on the right level.
- Paste/Mount it on your Ultimaker [other 3D printers will follow]. In the 3D file a screw hole is marked, this corresponds the screw in the fornt of the Ultimaker
- Download & install Junaio app.
- Scan the channel-QR below:
- Start 3D printing the Vase object
- Point your phone [or other smart device] at the Ultimaker
Both 3D printing and augmented reality are seen as the two most impactful and radical innovations of our time. Thanks to these techniques, we now to live in a true DIY world. Want something? Make it! Be it not 'for real', then virtual.
Although the techniques share a similar vision, they are opposites as well. Whereas augmented reality is instant and infinitely customizable, 3D printing takes time and the output is static. But what is the result when both are combined?