by stephenrc, published
Updated 2/6/14: Added files for a fender washer and a rod bracket to mount a rod with a 608 bearing to support the y-axis belt. It keeps it from whipping up and down during a print, when it does it enough, it can the cause the y-axis to randomly lost steps. The belt_bearing.stl mounts to the side of the y-axis makerslides to hold the rod. You'll also need four nuts, two standard washers and a length of all-thread.
Recent Commentsview all
The only part that improves on the Ord Bot is what I found in the use of makerslide on the y axis of my normal sized MendalMax, I found that a pair of makerslides gave better support of the bed. With one, it was somewhat easy to derail the wheels when removing a well stuck printed item that was on the side edge or when the head crashed into the bed when I forgot to reconnect the z endstop. The z axis Misumi nuts on that printer are solidly connected to the x-ends.
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
BOM (may be incomplete on the small stuff):
4x 660mm Misumi 2020 extrusion (base in y)
4x 550mm Misumi 2020 extrusion (base in x)
2x 300mm Misumi 2020 extrusion (z support)
1x 635mm Misumi 2020 extrusion
2x 660mm Makerslide (y axis)
2x 600mm Makerslide (z axis)
1x 550mm Makerslide (x axis)
2x 40mm Makerslide or Misumi 2020 extrusion
6 Makerslide carriages
5 eccentric spacers
10 v-wheel spacers
15 V-wheel kits
1 smooth idler wheel kit
12 25mm 5mm bolts
3 50mm 5mm bolts
150 10mm 5mm bolts
20 35mm 5mm bolts
5mm tap for tapping the makerslide
A package of Misumi extrusion nuts
Also recommend getting a package of post assembly extrusion nuts for places you forgot to pre-install nuts: PACK-HNTAJ5-5.
3 7/8" long spacers for #10 screw (used on x carriage)
All carriages use 3 v-wheels.
2x 55mm 1/4" acme screws and nuts for Z axis.
Y-axis belt support: four nuts, one threaded rod, two washers, two fender washers and one 608 bearing. 5/16" or 8mm threaded can be used.
The X carriage uses two plates with the v-wheel inside. With the 2 40mm makerslide at the top for the belt.
Right side x carriage drilled to hold the x axis stepper moter spaced out to center belt over the makerslide.
Z motor mounts are for NEMA 17.
The scad files are mostly parametric. They use some files from github.com/josefprusa/PrusaMendel
thingiverse.com/thing:21334 for the base.
thingiverse.com/thing:15163 for the y axis.
I used a belt adjuster that I found elsewhere on thingiverse.
For extra support at the top of the z, you can use the top vertexes from the MendalMax.
For the top 636mm extrusion, I cut a slot for the screws to bolt it to the top of the z axis makerslide.
The y idler is from Mendalmax 1.5.
The y motor mount: thingiverse.com/thing:20725
Extruder mount on the x axis was made from 1" aluminum angle and 1/8" 6061. I cut both to the width of the carriage and the 6060 was notched and drilled for a greg's extruder.
Under rats nest on the side is a RAMPS using a thingiverse.com/thing:14993 to mount it :-)
I used two of thingiverse.com/thing:35299 for the x & y endstops.
You must be logged in to post a comment.