Loading

Marble Caster

by HipsterLogic, published

Marble Caster by HipsterLogic Jun 3, 2011

Featured Thing!

Description

This is a simple caster designed for a robot I'm making, hopeful one of these days it will be finished. The caster uses a 16mm marble for the ball. It may be possible to print a ball for it, but I have not yet tried it. A few things to note are: Most marbles are glass, so there is a chance of them breaking and you may need to increase the "ballDiameter" variable, in the scad file, by 0.5mm if you are using a different marble size so it can rotate freely.

Recent Comments

view all

I do a lot of woodworking. I can set u a bed of these to use as support, say on a table saw extension, or support for any of my shop tools. The Ball Bearing is a better idea.

Changed the ballDiameter parameter to 14.5mm and its perfect for a cheap bag of Chinese Checkers game marbles! :)

You could use a ball bearing if you are concerned about the marble breaking.

Makes

Liked By

view all

License

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Davekat on Nov 10, 2013 said:

I do a lot of woodworking. I can set u a bed of these to use as support, say on a table saw extension, or support for any of my shop tools. The Ball Bearing is a better idea.

AUGuru on Mar 16, 2012 said:

Changed the ballDiameter parameter to 14.5mm and its perfect for a cheap bag of Chinese Checkers game marbles! :)

Mike on Jun 16, 2011 said:

You could use a ball bearing if you are concerned about the marble breaking.

Bobsponsler on Jun 4, 2011 said:

very very very cool - I have absolutely no use for one but I'll think of something just because its so cool. :)

theron on Jun 4, 2011 said:

Genius!

Top