Bre Pettis Talking Head
by Skimbal, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Have you ever wished you could be in two places at once?
Is the thought of getting up for that early morning TV Interview really cramping your nightlife?
Never Fear! The Talking head is Here!
Just pipe an audio signal through and watch as the Talking Head comes to life and lip sinks your prerecorded interview.
Guaranteed to be totally effective on TV audiences everywhere.
A Collaboration between Michael Curry and Jestin Stoffel of the Cowtown Computer Congress
The Glasses are a scaled down version of http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5544
1) Print all parts
2) Add an 8mm rod through the pivot point in the mouth. The rod should extend about 5mm beyond each side of the part.
3) Assemble the left and right halves of the head, Use short segments of 3mm filament pressed into the provided holes to assemble. Some drilling may be required to restore the holes to their appropriate size.
4) Set the mouth in the hole on the left side of the head
5) Glue a servo to the interior of the left side of the head, any servo will work, but smaller will give you more space to work with.
6) Run a piece of ridged wire between the servo horn and the lever arm on the back of the mouth so that when the servo moves, the mouth opens and closes.
7) Program the Arduino and attach it and its battery to the inside of the head. Make the electrical connections as described in the software.
8) Thread the audio input cable through the hole in the back of the head.
9) Press the Right and Left halfs together, making sure the mouth can move freely
10) Use a headphone splitter to hook the head and a set of self powered speakers up to an audio source.
11) Find/Make a Bre Pettis sound board and use it to make the head talk.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Bre Pettis Talking Head by Skimbal is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Skimbal a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Skimbal would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).