Dual color trivase
by sylefeb, published
This is the beautiful tri-vase from joo (Thing 16378) turned into dual extrusion using IceSL ( http://webloria.loria.fr/~slefebvr/icesl/ ).
This object can only be printed with IceSL:
(I included G-Code for a Replicator1 Dual + Sailfish 7.4)
- Download all files (.lua,.sh and .stl) as well as IceSL
- Copy the files in the 'icesl/bin' directory of IceSL
- Launch 'IceSL trivase.lua' (or drag and drop trivase.lua on IceSL.exe)
- Setup printer parameters
- Click on 'slice'
- This generates trivase.gcode ('icesl/bin' directory)
- Load the G-code into your favorite printing software (e.g. ReplicatorG)
This vase was printed on a Replicator 1 Dual + Sailfish 7.4 + ReplicatorG 40r16, 0.2 layer height, 100% infill, 2 shells, 2 covers.
IceSL makes it very easy to generate dual-extrusion prints simply by writing a shader - in this case trivase.sh. The function selecting color is:
int g = int(p.z6.0+1.2sin(p.y5.0)+0.7cos(p.x*3.0));
where p.xyz is a 3D point of the object in space. The result 'g' is the identifier of the printing head (0 => T0, 1 => T1).
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Dual color trivase by sylefeb is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving sylefeb a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure sylefeb would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).