RepRap Family Tree
by watsdesign, published
Did you ever wonder about the history of the reprap ?
It's a visualization of the evolution of the reprap and some other 3d-printers over time (with 150+ projects now, and updated every 2-3 months).
"In the core team, we see what I will call a punctuated animal model of evolution while the larger reprap community is a very vibrant bacterial model." -Forrest Higgs (16-01-2009), about the evolution model of the reprap.
Why oshw is great ? Because it's alive muahaha !
[01/11/2011] update 3.2
[07/01/2012] update 3.3
[14/04/2012] update 4.0
[29/10/2012] Now on github ! https://github.com/EmmanuelG/OpenHardwarePhylogenetics/tree/master/RepRap%20Family%20Tree
1) Choose a file (.ai, .svg, .pdf, .png) and print-it-yourself or buy a poster at Zazzle if you prefer http://bit.ly/k5GbJJ
2) Look at what have been done in only some years.
3) Make the futur.
But remember : never expose a printer to bright lights (especially sunlight, which will kill it); never get it wet; and never feed it after midnight ;P
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
RepRap Family Tree by watsdesign is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure watsdesign would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).