NotAKeyProp Useless iPhone / Smartphone accessory
by pot8osh3d, published
Well! Far be it from me to suggest that, once somebody has lashed out their hard-earned wedge on an iPhone, they're marked for life as an easy touch for anyone who wants to score a few bucks at their expense BUT... I spotted this interesting project on Kickstarter..
It occurred to me that, with a fair wind and God's good fortune I might just be able to design a product like this, given the fact that I'm running SketchUp 0.9 on my 386SX with a 14" monochrome television attached. I was right! I started just as my dear wife put the spaghetti in the pan and by the time she was grating the parmesan, I was saving files onto my 8" floppy disk.
Worth noting several important points:
1) It doesn't work. I couldn't be bothered to measure my 'phone but at least the rod that fits into the headphone socket is the right size.
2) You won't find the "Clap-to-snap" App in the files here - BTW, my camera has a wave to snap function which is far better - but there again, who needs a load of photo's of people clapping??
So! If anyone out there - YES. I mean YOU! - would like to invest in the Rootz Useless Phone Accessory Manufactory Project ( RupAMP for short! ), please go to Shapeways and order you very own solid 3 carrat gold NotAKeyProp. The $1999.99 you invest will come in very useful for me as I'm saving up for a 12-week hands-on course in Rhino.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
NotAKeyProp Useless iPhone / Smartphone accessory by pot8osh3d is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure pot8osh3d would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.