A Nest for Bees - Now with Customizer Support!
by M_G, published
A parametric version of "A Nest for Bees"
Details: This OpenSCAD script will generate a simple multi unit Bpartment to hold your Bees
Author: Mark Gaffney
Fill with Bees!
Bees should not be disturbed willy nilly!
Changes from previous versions:
- renamed some varaibles to make more easy to use with "MakerBot's Thingiverse Customizer"
- fixed some alignment issues with hexagons
- fixed off by 1 error for rows and columns
- fixed some manifoldness issues with cutouts
- fixed up some translates to properly account for the chosen wall thickness
- added option to make hexagons...but it's not very pretty
- added union command so all the cells are joined as one solid piece
- First implementation
- Measure and count your bees
- Open .scad file and change values in the *UserVariables Section for bee length, bee diameter, wall thickness, no. of rows, no. of columns, and decide whether you want Hexagonal or Cylindrical holes.
- Render the file in OpenSCAD to check it looks ok
- Export as .stl
- House some bees!