A Nest for Bees - Now with Customizer Support!
by M_G, published
A parametric version of "A Nest for Bees"
Details: This OpenSCAD script will generate a simple multi unit Bpartment to hold your Bees
Author: Mark Gaffney
Fill with Bees!
Bees should not be disturbed willy nilly!
Changes from previous versions:
- renamed some varaibles to make more easy to use with "MakerBot's Thingiverse Customizer"
- fixed some alignment issues with hexagons
- fixed off by 1 error for rows and columns
- fixed some manifoldness issues with cutouts
- fixed up some translates to properly account for the chosen wall thickness
- added option to make hexagons...but it's not very pretty
- added union command so all the cells are joined as one solid piece
- First implementation
- Measure and count your bees
- Open .scad file and change values in the *UserVariables Section for bee length, bee diameter, wall thickness, no. of rows, no. of columns, and decide whether you want Hexagonal or Cylindrical holes.
- Render the file in OpenSCAD to check it looks ok
- Export as .stl
- House some bees!
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
A Nest for Bees - Now with Customizer Support! by M_G is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving M_G a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure M_G would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).