A Nest for Bees - Now with Customizer Support!
by M_G, published
A parametric version of "A Nest for Bees"
Details: This OpenSCAD script will generate a simple multi unit Bpartment to hold your Bees
Author: Mark Gaffney Version: 0.4 Date: 2013-03-19
Todo: Fill with Bees!
Warning: Bees should not be disturbed willy nilly!
Note: Changes from previous versions: 0.4
- renamed some varaibles to make more easy to use with "MakerBot's Thingiverse Customizer"
- fixed some alignment issues with hexagons
- fixed off by 1 error for rows and columns
- fixed some manifoldness issues with cutouts 0.3
- fixed up some translates to properly account for the chosen wall thickness
- added option to make hexagons...but it's not very pretty 0.2
- added union command so all the cells are joined as one solid piece 0.1
- First implementation
Recent Commentsview all
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
- Measure and count your bees
- Open .scad file and change values in the *UserVariables Section for bee length, bee diameter, wall thickness, no. of rows, no. of columns, and decide whether you want Hexagonal or Cylindrical holes.
- Render the file in OpenSCAD to check it looks ok
- Export as .stl
- House some bees!