A Nest for Bees - Now with Customizer Support!
by M_G, published
Details: This OpenSCAD script will generate a simple multi unit Bpartment to hold your Bees
Author: Mark Gaffney
Fill with Bees!
Bees should not be disturbed willy nilly!
Changes from previous versions:
- renamed some varaibles to make more easy to use with "MakerBot's Thingiverse Customizer"
- fixed some alignment issues with hexagons
- fixed off by 1 error for rows and columns
- fixed some manifoldness issues with cutouts
- fixed up some translates to properly account for the chosen wall thickness
- added option to make hexagons...but it's not very pretty
- added union command so all the cells are joined as one solid piece
- First implementation
Recent Commentsview all
I've never made one myself due to a lack of suitable bees (and time to find them). It should work with whatever you can print in. Make sure that if you use the Customizer that the cells are all connected together, some values can lead it to generate separate hollow shapes.
I am curious to see how/if the bees could incorporate wood filled PLA into a larger hive... send on a picture if you make it!
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
1. Open .scad file and change values in the ***User*Variables*** Section for bee length, bee diameter, wall thickness, no. of rows, no. of columns, and decide whether you want Hexagonal or Cylindrical holes.
2. Render the file in OpenSCAD to check it looks ok
3. Export as .stl
6. House some bees!
You must be logged in to post a comment.